Saturday, September 25, 2010

Eye Love You

Since Tuesday, my dad's been in town. I should have known that he'd show up earlier than he was supposed to, but he caught me off guard.  After all, New Jersey to Texas is a looong drive.  I'd think even more-so for someone who had his eye removed in February & had surgery in July to implant a cardiac defibrillator.

Overall, things went very well. Jordan was polite and mostly happy the entire visit. There was a moment or two after school on Wednesday where I think Jordan could have used a little down-time, but she pressed onward. She definitely would have had a rougher time if this happened a year ago. 

But overall, this was a great visit. Grandparent's Day was very nice according to my dad.  I think the highlight of his morning yesterday was receiving this letter from Jordan:

I thought this letter was classic Jordan and I just had to copy and save it.

But just a little while ago, Dad left after we all had lunch together. After saying goodbye once, Jordan went back and hugged her Pop Pop a second time. Kind of surprising because Jordan doesn't usually do that - even with Paul or me. I think she felt more comfortable with him than she ever has. Maybe that was due to the fact that Dad didn't have any distractions like work to keep him jumping around like he always is up in NJ. In any event, Jordan seemed sad to see my dad having to leave.

Walking to the car, she even expressed that she didn't like "the good-bye part" of visiting.

 You've come a long way, sweetie pie; a very long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment